The Mozilla organization has released a new major version, 5.0, of its Thunderbird E-mail client, available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. This version incorporates a number of new or improved features, including:
- More responsive and faster to start up and use
- Thunderbird is based on the new Mozilla Gecko 5 engine
- New Add-ons Manager
- Revised account creation wizard to improve email setup
- New Troubleshooting Information page
- Tabs can now be reordered and dragged to different windows
There are also numerous bug fixes, plus security and stability improvements. More details are available in the Release Notes.
You can get the new version via the built-in update mechanism, or you can get versions for all platforms in many languages from the download page.